• Assigning housekeeping tasks to staff and inspecting work to ensure that the prescribed standards of cleanliness are met.
• Scheduling staff shifts and organizing replacements as required.
• Investigating and addressing complaints regarding poor housekeeping service.
• Providing training to the housekeeping staff.
• Regularly taking inventory of cleaning supplies and ordering stock as needed.
• Issuing cleaning supplies and equipment to housekeeping staff as needed.
• Screening housekeeping applicants and recommending promotions, transfers, and dismissals.
• Performing various cleaning duties in instances of staff shortages.